I might’ve taken longer than the average time required to complete God of War: Ghost of Sparta. Reason being I suck at jumping. Jumping in games is just strangle-worthy, really. Damn! In areas where there’s a huge gap, hardly do I succeed jumping across on first try. That sucks but the desire to complete the game is too overwhelming for me to give up halfway. I admit I’m frustrated sometimes but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to get things dones no?
I listed down a few places where I took the longest time to get it right. They are not listed in any particular order, just whichever first that came to mind.
- Jumping onto a piece of molten rock at The Caldera. I got myself drown in lava and burnt a few times.
- The scenes during the battle with Erinys were marvelous. I get to appreciate more of these scenes cuz well, I failed numerous times trying to jump or grab onto her on time.
- When trying to escape the burning bridge in Streets of Heraklion. I swear I fell down into some deep, dark places countless times.
- I fell into the water (and electrocuted?) a couple of times when jumping across after taking down Lanaeus in Nexus of Atlantis.
- Failed the numerous jumps tons of time in Temple of Thanatos. I lost count, really.
- The swingings at various points. I died so many times cuz I just couldn’t jump to release Kratos quickly (or slowly) enough.
At this point, I think I’m strangle-worthy for being lousy at jumping in games. I tell ya, I have a perfect reason for sucking at jumping my character. I didn’t grow up play Super Mario. Tee-hee!
P.S God of War: Ghost of Sparta is truly an amazing game. You’ll be totally amazed by the graphics and soundtrack. Try it if you haven’t.