A week ago (I think), I was tagged by Yerocha for this game. His questions sound fun so I’m gonna give it a try. To know a little more about what The Anime Interrogation Game is, head to Iso’s blog here.
The rules of game are:-
- Each person is supposed to follow the rule of fives.You are allowed to ask 5 questions, after which you can tag up to 5 bloggers by hyper-linking to their blog; 5 questions because it’s not too many to flood another blogger and occupy too much of his/her time, but yet a large enough number to ask your most important questions, and 5 bloggers to avoid spamming. Hence, prioritize your questions, and who you wish to ask!
- Those tagged are obliged to answer the questions in a blog post, and after which, they are entitled to create their own 5 questions and tag 5 other bloggers, so on and so fourth. You are allowed to tag the person that tagged you in the first place. Also, copy and paste this section on your blog so others can understand how the game goes.
- In the case where a blogger strongly refuses to answer a question, he/she must instead post a nice anime image, wallpaper or cosplay picture, et cetera in response to that question.
- To make things interesting, a blogger can include wildcards in his/her 5 questions by placing an asterisk, (*), after which those tagged are obliged to reveal something interesting about themselves that others did not previously know. There is no limit to the number of asterisks one can place (which means there can be up to 5 wildcard questions).
- Anyone can feel free to start the game; you don’t necessarily need someone to tag you. Just create your 5 questions and tag your 5 people of choice. However, the catch is that you must answer your own 5 questions as well.
- To potentially prevent an endless game, this round of games will end on the 8th September 2012, 12pm JST (GMT +9). After which, no more bloggers can tag others to answer their questions.
Now that the rules are clear, I’ll begin answering Yerocha’s questions. Below are my answers.
1. What is your biggest anime/manga guilty pleasure?
I have two – Lucky Star and Hidamari Sketch. It’s very hard for me to choose, but if I really have to pick one, it’s Lucky Star. I never get tired of it even though I watched the series many times. They make me smile. Always.
2. How do you usually acquire anime or manga legally?
With anime, I usually go to local CD stores. Well, I think it’s legal although chances are those are bootlegs. They come with government certification stickers and everything but the video quality is bad and sometimes the subtitles are terrible. Even me, a person who barely understands Japanese, knows that the subtitle is wrong. That’s bad right?
With manga, I usually buy from Kinokuniya. Because there isn’t any Kinokuniya in my city, I only buy my manga when I go to places that have the book store such as Kuala Lumpur or Singapore. I’d have buy online but the shipping fee is crazy. Since I travel quite often, I’ll just wait till a few volumes are released before I buy them.
3. What’s the weirdest reason you’ve had to start a series?
Because I kept seeing figmas of Izumi Konata (Lucky Star) at a local figure store and everywhere (exaggerating but can’t be far from truth) online, I picked up the series.
4. What series from the new anime season are you most looking forward to?
Hidamari Sketch. It’s always a pleasure watching the girls going about in their everyday lives. Or it could be that I’m just happy to see Miyako again.
5. *What character do you aspire to be like?
Chiaki Shinichi from Nodame Cantabile. It seems like an odd choice, isn’t it? I can explain this. To me, Chiaki is someone who’s really passionate about what he’s doing. When he’s in the zone, he is in the zone. Nothing else can disrupt him. He has full dedication towards music career and is single-minded about it (he wavers a little in the beginning but there’s a good reason for that). I guess what I want to be is a person who found what she really wants to do in her life and has full dedication to and passionate about. That makes life fun.
I think there’s still a week before the deadline so probably there’s still time for the bloggers I’m tagging to answer the five questions. I’m tagging Wieselhead, Feal, Yippy, TsurugiArashix and Michael. My questions are:-
1. *What or who inspired you to start your blog?
The ability to share my opinions on anime-related topics. I’ve always been lurking around different anime blogs before finally decided to start my own. It seems fun to be able to discuss what I think about certain things. Reverse Thieves makes it look so easy.
2. What is your favorite anime/manga series that was released in the last two years?
I think it’s really obvious that I’m going to say Kimi ni Todoke. The two seasons found their way to my yearly top anime list. I’m a huge fan so maybe I’m a little biased. The anime prompted me to read the manga and I’ve been a faithful reader ever since.
3. What is your favorite OP or ED song from the Summer Anime 2012 series?
“Love Letter from Nanika” by ecosystem, the OP song from Uta Koi. To be honest, I don’t necessarily think the song suited the series overall package, but damn, that’s one good song.
4. Which anime do you think deserves a second season? If possible, please explain why.
Skip Beat!. Because there are a lot of good material from the manga that make good anime material.
5. If there’s anything you can change about the anime/manga/figure industry, what would it be?
I’m okay with whatever anime/manga industry is offering at the moment. I don’t have too many complaints about it since I always find something I enjoy. As for figure industry though, frankly, I’d want less Hatsune Miku figures. I’ll probably receive a lot of hate for saying this but seriously, there are way, way too many of them.
That’s all. Probably boring but very easy questions right? It’s fun trying to come up with questions but not so when I have to answer them myself!! >.<